Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:02 am
About....home-made maps?
   Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:49 am

Friends

Search Blogs

Feed

The Epos of the Soul Crystal

Permanent Linkby Loxley on Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:54 pm

Yes, yes, I've finally started my outlining of the book, and the intended series have finally been named. As has the first book. I give you, "The Creotian War".

I've so far outlined prologue and chapter one. Still WAYS to go and currently stuck. I'll work it out. I daresay, however, this version of the "original Everlain story" is MUCH better than the one I had in mind the first time around. Mainly because that one sounded like some fantasy cliché, while this one sounds like a fantasy version of the Trojan Wars. 8) Well, anyways, this one has a much better feel to it as well than the original story, and I think I really needed to let that idea rest for a few years before it was ripe enough to get written.

In that aspect, the book I wrote in the Everlain world served a two-fold purpose (even if it wasn't intended as such in the beginning). Firstly, it gave me experience with writing ...

[ Continued ]

3 Comments Viewed 18485 times

A new book - and scrapping of an old?

Permanent Linkby Loxley on Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:02 am

So,

Way back when, I had this idea for an epic fantasy series set in my world of Everlain. It was truly epic, well worthy of rivaling Lord of the Rings, if not in well-writtenness, at least in epicness. In time, I scrapped the idea, not because it was bad, because my interest drew elsewhere. And in time, I came back to the world, but not the idea, and wrote my fantasy novel, the Shade Souls. That was my first book ever written, and while interesting, it's not what I "want".

Now, we've come full circle, and I'm back where I began. I want to write my epic, and I'm working on it right now, starting yesterday, working title "the Soul Crystal". It chronicles the path of the elven Bladesinger Arden Greyhamn (a man some of you may be familiar with from Lycoria already) and his men, as they fight to prevent an ancient evil from awakening and destroying the free world as they know it. There will be war, there will be love, and there will be sadness, and great, epic battles....

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 1629 times

About....home-made maps?

Permanent Linkby Loxley on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:49 am

OK!!!

So!! Here's a blog with my name on it! Muchos Gracias, Master! :D

I just checked out my old pictures, and found a couple of nice maps I did for an RP once way back when. The roleplay took place in Renaissance Italy, and thus, the maps are of Florence and Venice. I had an awesome time making them, and I'm pretty damn satisfied with them, so I figured I'd show 'em to y'all and brag a bit. I wonder if I can make munny off of that? :twisted: Seriously, tho, what do you guys think? Think there's a market for it?

This is the Florence map, the first of the two that I made:
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/928/florencex.jpg

And this is the Venice map:

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 1515 times